Thursday 19 February 2015



VINTAGE JEWELLERY IN THE BALLROOM CAFE


Do you like  vintage costume jewellery? Even if you don't, I think Weiss brooches will make you stop and think.  Ella O'Callaghan in The Ballroom Cafe loves to wear the exquisite brooches. Along with tea from china cups and cake on china plate; the Weiss brooch makes her feel good and look quite the lady. In The Ballroom Cafe, Ella finds solace

 




in these pieces of costume jewellery- they are worth more than diamonds to her. As I researched these wonderful brooches for my novel, I too fell in love with them. I made myself a promise to wear a Weiss brooch on the day I launch The Ballroom CafĆ© on June 18 next.






 Albert Weiss founded his own costume jewellery company in the early 40s and worked out of  Fitfth Avenue , New York. He retired in 1969 and his son Michael managed to keep the business going for another two years.
But the brooches live on.  Drop by again when we are looking at the brooches Ella loved to wear and which are featured in The Ballroom Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment