Wednesday 20 May 2015

THE BALLROOM CAFE - ONE FOR THE SHELF.





All these words are heavy in my hands. The cover is embossed with flowers; the spine thick and strong. The Ballroom Café arrived in the post today. To finally hold the novel in the palm of my hands is both overwhelming and tremendously exciting.
 With my finger I trace the words, The Ballroom Café; the title I thought up a long time ago as I wrote in my kitchen early in the morning, only the dawn chorus as company.
The Ballroom Cafe, I sound it out; it trips off my tongue happily the tag line 'Secrets Can't Last Forever' hinting at something deeper, maybe darker.
How could all my words come together in to something so beautiful? In our house when we love a book, we can't bear to let it go, we say it is one for the shelf.
The Ballroom Cafe will take pride of place on the shelf. I hope you will want to make a space for it on yours.

And ...for those of you interested in Amazon ratings, I am delighted to see The Ballroom Café is currently at #10.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment