Friday 24 June 2016

COUNTDOWN TO LAUNCH.........SIX DAYS TO GO.



Six days to go and these beautiful books have arrived from Black and White Publishing.

The Judge’s Wife, a novel by Ann O’Loughlin; I turn the book over in my hands for the first time. There is no sweeter moment.

Every morning I get up early and write when the house is still and even the dog stays asleep. Some mornings the characters in my head are talking so fast, it is hard to keep up with them. Other mornings, we trudge through the sentences; the characters in my head fighting to change the plot.

That is how a book is written word after word, paragraph after paragraph, page after page and chapter after chapter. There are the best days when they fingers soar across the keyboard and the days when every sentence is a hard won battle.

There are days when you think you will never write ‘The End’; maybe you don’t even know it yet. And there are the rewriting days, when it feels you are in a different novel altogether. And then there are days like this, when you open a box and you hold the copy of the novel for the first time.

The Judge’s Wife by Ann O’Loughlin. I pick it up and flick through the pages. They are all there; Vikram and Grace and their beautiful love for each other. They fought hard in my head and won their place on the page.

The Judge’s Wife   goes out on to book stands across the country in the next few days. My only hope is that you, the reader enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing the story of Grace Moran and Vikram Fernandes.

When you reach the end I hope you may be able to answer that question posed on the cover,‘Can a Love Last Forever?’


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment