Saturday 16 May 2015



Pull up a chair and enjoy The Ballroom Cafe, now open to the world.




Allow me to invite you to  The Ballroom Café. Pull up a chair and enjoy the story. If you have time please read the acknowledgments, where I pay tribute to my late mother and father who fostered a love of learning, books and storytelling in all of us children. It was not unusual to come home from school and see my mother stirring a big pot of stew; a Dickens novel  propped against the bread bin, so she could stir and read. A good book, she said was a friend for life, which could be revisited many times without a formal invitation; a friend capable of raising you up , even in the toughest times. The best books, she used to say had characters you secretly hoped to meet on the street on any ordinary day.
My father was a born storyteller; a man who grew up at time when stories were told around the open fire at night. The character in any story he said had to be believable, which, of course is what every author strives for. The stories he told us when we were young have filtered through in to my writing. Certain turns of phrase and actions which were part of his storytelling have made their way in to The Ballroom Café.


 
I am delighted to see The Ballroom Cafe is #14 in Fiction and literature and  #6 in Romance, Contemporary over at Kobo ebooks and hovering between # 20 and #25 over at Amazon. Thanks to all my readers who have made it possible.
If you are interested, you can also find me at Novelicious.com chatting about all things writing. You can also find the Novelicious chat featured on this blog Media page.

No comments:

Post a Comment